Monday, November 28, 2011

No more exams

(Again, another dated post but I really want to have it all written down!)

After a whole month of intense mugging, the husband finished his exams last Tuesday. During his month of study leave, he'd send me to work and head off for breakfast before parking himself at a library to study. He'll then come pick me up from work and some days, we'll go for dinner on our own before heading home; or we may head straight back.

In between this arrangement, the husband will do bits & pieces of our home - meeting with contractors, reviewing emails on the house, setting up electricity etc. Because of my pregnancy and the hearsays of how I should avoid being involved because of it, the husband has undertaken the sole duty of doing up our house. I'm happy to allow him to have free-play of the home, and I think he's enjoying the process of it. All I can say is, this is a pretty intense period for the husband; having to juggle so much at one time.

So. I arranged to take a day off last Wednesday so that the husband, Kate and I can all sleep in and spend the day together - and we did! It started with us sleeping in. I cannot remember for sure, but I think we slept till 9.30am/10am? Pretty good!

We headed to town for a luxurious buffet makan session where we all enjoyed ourselves. I really enjoyed the leisurely meal and just being with Kate and the husband.

My little girl who loves to eat (it's genetic! hurr)

After the satisfying meal, we walked about the mall for a while. We were on the lookout for winter clothes for Kate as we expect that it may be slightly cool in Vietnam (HOLIDAY!!) but after scouting around, we decided not to get anything yet. I figure that we can borrow clothes; though I did end up buying some long-sleeved tops for Kate, a set of pyjamas and a pair of sunglasses!

Here are some fun shots of her trying on some winter wear at North-something where there was this bridge which Kate totally enjoyed playing with.

Warm as a bun

Flapping her wings, the little penguin. "I want to cross the bridge!"

The little adventurer sets off

The day ended with me going for some me-time at facial and the husband bringing Kate on a bus-ride. Though she fell asleep for 90% of the ride, the husband feels that they bonded which rocks!

I love family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment