Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pregnant face

People say that a woman's face changes when she's pregnant. And while I feel that when I was pregnant with Kate, my face didn't change, I did become rather chubby and fishball-faced due to the weight I'd gained.

This time round, especially because I'm carrying a boy, I'm more conscious about my face. Besides the usual weight gain (groans) I observe my face often to check if it's changed. This is because they say that a mother's nose grows/changes due to the hormonal confusion of testosterone & whatnots.

I don't actually think that anything has changed, though I must admit I've become a little roly-poly (+6kg). But. Over the last two days, I've heard comments from two different parties that my face has changed! That I look pregnant! That I am carrying a boy (just by looking at my face)!

In the sisters' words, "but uurrreee pregnant!" - hmm, I guess that's true (heh)

But what's most comforting and important to me are the husband's words "No la, you look fine. Your face nair change. And that's what matters right?"

Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment