Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And she makes it all better again

My entry earlier in the day was triggered after a massive bout of mommy guilt. Kate was misbehaving, being a child, throwing a tantrum and I lost it. Then felt terribly guilty about it afterwards. Which explained my emo state then.

So the day passed and the last activity we did at night time was craft. I cut shapes, and she pasted them onto a piece of paper.

Innocuous enough, when suddenly, out of the blue, this little angel says, "Mommy, I love you very much." As if it was the most natural thing to say, and she went on with her end of the craft, not missing a beat.

And right there, that very moment, is what makes parenting all worth while. Despite the pain, the angst, the fatigue, the stress, the worries... my baby girl loves me and despite it all, I know that I love her with all my heart and more and nothing will ever change that.

Dear Kate,

I love you too. I will always love you. Thank you for being the beautiful person that you are. I have much to improve on in the patience category, I'll keep trying.


Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment