Thursday, September 6, 2012

Deadbeat

I want to put it on record that last night was another epic night in the household.

10ish: End of too-long work day
[Insert happy bit: the husband offered to pick me up after & we sneaked to have tau huey for supper before heading home]

11ish: Once home, I had to attend to my whiney daughter and sick son

1230am: Done with shower

1am: Done feeding  Jake. Kate started to fuss

1am to 4am: Kate didn't sleep well (verge of falling ill, I suspect, since Jake is already down with flu) and I spent 3 horrific hours trying to catch some rest while reacting to her everytime she started to cry. Through this time, Kate wanted to sleep in the yaolan and I was lying on a thin mattress on the floor. 

4am: Jake started to fuss and I crawled towards the bedroom to feed him (ok, I didn't really crawl. In my head, I was though because I was on the brink of exhaustion)
Jake refused to feed properly, instead wanting to talk (okay, you're cute but still, it's unacceptable my son!). I was on the verge of tears when I told the husband "I cannot do this. I have not slept all night!"

I cannot remember much of what happened after, except that I mentally shut down and concussed after handing him the too-awake son and I don't know if Kate continued fussing afterwards.

I didn't sleep well, though, cos I think my sub-conscience couldn't get comfortable knowing that the kids are unwell.


Hello just-horrific-Thursday. Yawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment