Friday, September 14, 2012

Sibling love

I love mornings. I mean, sure, it's not pleasant when I have a throbbing headache from lack of/bad sleep, and all I want to do is shut out the bright lights and burrow back into the cocoon of my bed (which is very comfortable, by the way). But for those who know, this is indeed an impossible luxury when you have kids. So most of the time, I get up (sometimes by choice, sometimes not) and get on with it.

I’m quite a morning person. I prefer to sleep early and wake up early. My clock is kinda screwed now with looking after the kids but that is my preference. The husband is more nocturnal. He much prefers to do his stuff late into the night (watch movies, surf the night, study, read.. whatever) and then sleep in. So... looking at these pics, guess who’s more like who? Hehe.

Spot the morning person


In the mornings, Kate is fuzzy-brained and lazy. She is also very cranky if she's not had enough sleep. She has this slightly glazed look on her face and she just stretches lazily like a cat. Jake, on the other hand, is quite alert already. (His latest trend is getting up at 5.30am) He’d thump his strong hand and reach out for your nose, and if you respond, he’ll give you that irresistible and rare grin. Totally makes me happy. How to be annoyed with him like that?!  

These pics were taken this morning. Jake was already up and I was just done feeding him, when Kate started wailing from the bedroom. I brought Jake into the room and the moment he saw Kate, he started to smile and wave (thump) his arms about excitedly. (He loves his sister!) I let him loose on the bed and well, I really nearly started to tear watching them together. The way he reaches out for his sister, the way she will lean in to kiss him...


Sayang

Amidst all the hard, hard work of bringing up two kids – these are precious moments that make it worthwhile. I hope the two of them will grow up to love each other deeply, watch out for each other and be there for each other through their lives. I love my siblings and I’m so thankful that I have them to talk to, have fun with, get angry with (beats being lonely!) and well, family just rocks.

My darlings, Kate and Jake.


No comments:

Post a Comment