Monday, September 24, 2012

Scenes from our home

Unknowingly, it's been two months since my last SFOH update. *gasp!
How quickly time flies... and scarily we are at the tail end of September, nearly entering the final quarter of the year. As the sister will say, zomg?!

There's been some glitch in the photo upload system though so I'm guessing there are pics missing though it's too hard to track by now.  I think it's much better to update than not so here goes! (it's a lot)

Yup. She's definitely a kim gek in the making. (Note: kim geks are what my alma mater called us. Though I'm not sure how many SCGS girls are really the demure, sophisticated lady within.)

Indulgent brunch - home-made

The day I brought Jake out to the doc's for his vaccination

Her favourite "orh lu lu bao bao" 

Kate's current obsessions - pink & fairy/princesses. 

Date night with the husband. We visited this chinese restaurant where they served panda desserts in honour of our new Chinese animal pals who just joined the Singapore Zoo.
Pic update from the brother: Spot Kate (Note: pic updates are when I'm not with them.)

The day Jake had his hair cut. Check out that smirky face.

K discovers the camera in reverse

Photo credit: Kate Seah

Supper. Kate's a natural at making faces for the camera

My handsome boy

I snipped her fringe

Mister Maker - Kate and I get hands-on with her birthday toy
Pic update from the sister: my babies

HAHA this one cracks me up. Pic update from the husband.

Kate after her 3rd-year check-up at the polyclinic. My girl is developing well. And one common thing that we observe as well as hear people comment, is her advanced vocabulary and talent in speech. 

My brave little boy who cried for only 2 seconds after his vaccination last week. His mood was pretty volatile and mighty cranky afterwards though.

This, is a bowl of beancurd. Looks normal? Yea, except that it was the best thing I ate these few days.  I went for my wisdom tooth extraction last Friday (only a month after my last dental check-up cos work was sofriggingbusy) and it's been nothing but painful since. While the pain is more bearable by now, it's still overall quite an unpleasant experience. What tops the cake is that I'm not on painkillers, merely paracetomal because that's the only medicine that's "safe" for lactating Moms. Ouch. 

Jake's into clapping his hands these couple of days. Check out his nonchalant-I'm-too-cool face. Heh. That's the good part about developments. The not-so-good bit is because of him being so stimulated, he was up at 4.30am till 6.30am today. Not fun. 

Two babies in a tub. Rub-a-dub-dub. I totally love how they interact with each other. 

Spot Kate. Not sure where she's crawling towards. 


Playtime. Key reason why this pic warrants airtime is because Kate came up with the idea of playing "drums" entirely on her own! We've had those tins sitting around for a while, waiting to be used. And today, she just brought them out and asked me very politely "Mommy, these are my drums. Can I take chopsticks please?" How could I say no?

Finally, another on Jake's developments. He's been leopard crawling for a while now and getting better at it. I noticed he's beginning to lean forward and I've seen him rock his bum (while on his fours) for a split second. Maybe he's ready to begin to crawl proper!
And that's the end of this entry. I'm on home leave this week due to my aching jaw so I really want to do as much as I can for myself, my kids and my house. I hope I won't take another two months to update our lives in general in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment