Sunday, September 9, 2012

Random thoughts on a rainy Sunday


  • The stupid laptop doesn't allow me to upload recent pictures & I got pissed off trying to figure it out (I didn't) so lost two opportunities to blog over the weekend. (Note to husband: what's wrong with your machine?!) 
  • I fell ill after catching something from Jake. Kate's still fighting it but I was down. It's been 3 days and I'm still popping meds while trying not to let my popping headache get to me. (Poppung headache = headache that makes my head feels like it's going to pop!)
  • The husband and I went on date night yesterday with a group of his friends. We ate a lot of MSG-ded food and went for drinks afterwards (juice for me). Our conversation through the night revolved around husband-wife-squabbles and babies. We have definitely all moved on to this different stage of life. 
  • Kate's becoming more of an adult. She is aware of more things around her, is able to articulate her likes and dislikes and speaks her mind freely. I like that she is vocal but we need to teach her to differentiate between being honest and rude. 
  • Kate turns 3 next week. 
  • I feel older. Have been more conscious of how I look and I worry that I look bad.
  • Work has been very hectic and the coming week will be a whirlwind one! Can't wait for next week, where we get to celebrate my daughter turning three. 
  • I have to schedule for my wisdom tooth removal. 
  • I love my mother very much. 
  • Family rocks. 
  • Taboo is fun. 
  • My son is becoming a real bossy pants (too). 
  • After my last bad-night entry, we had another one which was worse. It involved tears (not all mine), vomit (Kate's), poop (both kids) and bad sleep (everyone!)
  • I finally started Jake on semi-solids. So far, he's had apple, baby cereal, Rusks, plain porridge. 
Yup. Told you this was random. Heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment