Saturday, July 20, 2013

Art class

So last month, lucky me won a free trial to an art & craft session for K. I was quite happy because K loves craft and any form of exposure was more than welcome. It took us a while to fix a session with the school but it finally took place yesterday.

It was a nice hour of interaction, where K tried new methods of craft and being a noob with colours and art, I learnt about colours too! It was rather fun and a good way to spend time with K.

Within the one-hour class, Kate was introduced to background (a sunflower seed, what the sunflower is, looks like, colours) then she attempted two methods of drawing a sunflower.


Drawing a sunflower with crayons, on a piece of styrofoam board

Carving the sunflower (creating indent) with a sharp stick

Explaining about warm (red) and cool (blue) colours. I actually found this very interesting! Now I know which colours I can let K use so that they don't turn out murky and gross when she mixes them!

Painting the sunflower. K's favourite bit of the activity - mixing colours and filling the flower in 

Printing the painted flower on rice paper

TADA!

The teacher was kind enough to let me try too. And this is my masterpiece

Picking out crayons for method 2 

Beautiful crayon colours

That's her sunflower


Kate's work

Mine

A happy girl showing off her sunflower works #proudparent

No comments:

Post a Comment