Monday, July 15, 2013

What makes me happy

I have been quite unhappy grumpy of late. Why, you ask? I don't know either.

Have been intending to start an evaluation of how's-it-been the first half of the year, and in a blink of an eye, I'm already on the 15th of the month and that's still incomplete. I constantly tell myself to count my blessings, but sometimes my emotions get the better of me.

Being in this cloudy state makes me rely heavily on my feelings; which may not be the best thing.

My thoughts have been jumbled up, and I know that I ought to find some ways to do some decluttering within. I have been reading, and stumbling across articles that help give me some insights. Fundamentally, though,  I need to take things easy. To not just jump to feel. To just take a breath and internalise what's important. And truly, what makes me happy is to remember that I have gems all around me.

These little ones make me happy. And if they are fine and happy, then I am happy too. I should not take my frustration out on them. I need to be more in control. I want to be more in control.

*continues to seek clarity ... but in the meantime, here's a simple activity that we did yesterday evening that definitely made the kids happy.


Bringing Jake to the playground and having him swing makes him happy. 

Having Kate sit happily on the swing, and squealing for me, her favourite person "Mommy mommy mommy" makes me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment