Monday, July 22, 2013

Sisters


I have been uninspired lately. I have been consumed by fatigue, hiccups, tantrums, work, insufficient TLC, lack of exercise, a painful twang in my foot... truly, the complaint list can go on and on and on...

But I am tired. Tired of feeling down. So I want to consciously focus on the happy things. Of the blessings that I own, that no one can take away from me.

So today, I start with the sister.

The sister is 7 years my junior (gawd, that makes me like, old).
But this age gap is less magnified now that she's past the schooling stage. It's a bit more level-playing field when we're out in the working force, and though we're not at the same life stages, I'm happy that we get along like BFFs.

We act silly. We laugh. We complain. We listen. We eat. We bitch. We love.

I can rely on her to help me with the kids when she's free, and it makes me relieved that she's at home with the parents. I'm happy that she confides in me and I am able to share my worldly experiences and opinions (hah). Truth is, I just love how we can talk to each other whenever about anything at all.

I chuckle to myself as I think about our random, late night conversations on whatsapp. I can act silly and not be afraid to share all my boliao-ness. And I know she won't judge me, nor me her. It's nice to have someone I can share things with. Small things, big things, nothing at all. It makes the world of difference when you just know that there is someone out there for you.

So, thank you, the sister for being my friend. For being there. And I hope this timely thanks to you, brings more clarity and relief to feeling better and happier. Cos I'm also always here for you.

#happythoughts #familyrocks

1 comment: