Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My firstborn - reflection

This sweetheart turns 4 in exactly two months. With all the soul-searching/self-reflection that I'm trying to do now, I feel that this little one is growing up too fast, and I may have been so clouded by what I want to see, versus what she is. Truth is, she is such a sweetheart and if she is whingy, it's because she's really just human. And seriously, she is just a child. My heart really bursts with love as I look at this sweet face, and I remember how she made me a better person the moment she landed in my arms. The first time I laid eyes on her, I still remember vividly. And I'm nearly in tears as I type this now. This is how strong the bond I have with her, and probably why she is always wanting me. I cannot resent how much she wants me. Yes, it may be overwhelming at times (I cannot lock the doors when I go to the toilet!) but I want to embrace this, and truly, no one can replace Mommy in her heart and no one can ever take this baby away from me. I love you so much sweetie. I'm sorry that I have been so impatient, I'm sorry that I'm not the perfect parent. I really love you with all my heart and I seek your patience and love and forgiveness as I try my best. And where I may have failed, I will keep trying and trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment