Friday, July 26, 2013

Every good home will have a good man

More on the whole giving-thanks/ happy thoughts/ positive thinking groove, I want to mention the husband.

Truly, our love story is quite epic and I am very happy to regale it to anyone who will listen. But reality does hit and it isn't easy to remain "so in love" always. Doesn't mean that I don't want it though.

I do try to be level-headed and not overly-needy, because the truth is, I have little ones who need me. The home-eco-system needs me. I just hope that in areas where I lack (don't know how to iron, nor cook/ cranky tempers) I compensate well with my organisational skills, good heart and understanding nature.

Do I miss being carefree? Out drinking? Having leisurely dinners? Spending with no care nor concern over my expanding commitments? Of course. (Not so much the drinking, more the fact that I have total control over my time over what I want to do)

But all that is just water off a ducks' back because I am clear that I am a mother (by choice) and I ain't complaining about the lack of time to myself or the exasperation I feel when the kids get on my nerves. I know it's part of the deal and I'm fine with it trying to deal with it. Nearly 4 years in and you'll think it's second nature. Truth is, the whole responsibility really kicked in after we had Jake and moved to our own house. So, I'm happy to admit that it still overwhelms me at times.

What I miss most, are the conversations I have with my man. The time that he (used to) devote to me is now showered mostly upon the kids. Doesn't help that this "time" he has is greatly diminished with all that he has on his plate.


So to my man, don't forget to love me, to remind me that you love me because I just want to hear it even if you say it a thousand times over. We have come a long way from before and I want to keep it going always.

No comments:

Post a Comment