Saturday, August 16, 2014

A very fun day!

We were treated to a company-fun-day-out yesterday. The week leading up to it was stressful and hours were long, I even had to do a 7am yesterday. But after getting a caffeine boost, after I blocked out the work, I had such a blast

My team of green awesomeness. It was a simple and logical choice to wear green as that's our appointed team. One of us then chanced upon silly glasses that made our pics so much more green. I contributed the camou-cream but that only half-worked because the green cream ran out, so we made do with grey.
We had to do a scavenger hunt/race. A pile of task-cards were handed to us and we were to accomplish as many of them to gain as many points as possible. Most of the team were so game and that made it great!

After our first ride on the Mummy together. 6 out of 8 members took the ride! 
It was my first time on the ride and I had a blast! It kinda gave me a headache (both times I took it) but I'm glad I did. As someone said, "I don't want to come to to a theme park and not take rides!" How true that is. 

Lunch. 
One of my favourite pics of our task (to take a jump shot with Betty Boo).  We couldn't chance upon the Betty mascot so a team member suggested little Betty - which worked for us! I love how so many of us made the jump. Awesome!
Another silly picture of us with Madagascar
The best ride - Transformers! I enjoyed it sooo much.
Task was to have someone eating this snack and snap a pic together, and how lovely it is that the couple gamely melded with our team's green theme.

Finale. Love how the by-stander was cheering us on.
We then adjourned to the beach for some drinks, and oh boy, it was so much fun!

Beer pong. Team girls vs boys. We won!
Life is good.
Then of course, we cannot do without even more fun shots.

My version of the hoduken. I've never tried it, always wanted to and haha I look quite silly.
This was the best shot of the evening.
The family joined me after for dinner and it was such a fun time.

Jake meets Summer

Truth is, I nearly contemplated not going to the day because I had some work. But everything worked out when the work was postponed and after that crazy-morning bit of duty I put in, I was able to head off. And I'm so glad I did because really, the day at USS allowed me to just go wild, run free, and yell my lungs out on the rides. I had no kids to take care of, no worries about work and I just threw myself into play. It was so refreshing and I felt so good, so relaxed that it reminded me of how stressed and tired and slightly unhappy I have been all of last week.

Once again, I'm thankful for good friends, good times, alcohol and fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment