Friday, August 8, 2014

Celebrating National Day in school

My happy camper
Mini performance

It was a rather hectic morning, of rushing to school to watch K perform in their National Day celebrations. What struck me most:

1/ Her excitement
She was extremely excited about this performance, and told me repeatedly "I have to go to school at 8.30 for the marching out and ...."
She couldn't stop reminding me of her need to be at school by this time and it was rather endearing to see her so responsible, dedicated and excited.

2/ Her happiness
When I told her that I'd go watch her perform, she was thrilled. She squealed with delight and after reminding me of point 1, she'd follow up with reminding us that we were to reach by 8.30 because...

3/ Her distracted performance
I was happy to see her perform today but I realise that she is constantly distracted. While she will work on executing the trained dance steps and sync along with the music, she was also watching the audience as much as they were watching her! I wonder if this is her way of coping with performing (no stage fright as being on stage obviously gives her a great view of everything) and if it's a bad thing?

Anyhow, I'm glad the husband and I took time out to go watch her perform. And we brought little J too who would be one of the little tods next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment