Sunday, August 3, 2014

New kicks, for me and mini me

Riding on the matchy-match theme, since signing up for the Shape Run with the little girl and I; we went to pick up our shoes from Skechers at Ion. I'd long heard of the me-and-mini-me shoes that we'll be acquiring and I was thrilled! 

When we reached the store, we were greeted by friendly staff and it wasn't long before two pairs of shoes were promptly brought to us to try.

"Mommy, I can tie it myself" (uh, for the record she couldn't. But top marks for effort!)
All fitted up. Pretty pink sneakers!

If you are wondering why she looked glum in the picture above, it is because she was. While I was trying to focus on our task of fitting our running shoes, this little girl was distracted by 1/ her little friend being present and 2/ pretty shoes that had caught her eye!

So allow me to digress for a while and share what else we picked up from the store that same day.
There's a whole range of sparkly pretty shoes from the Little Bobs range for little girls, and it didn't take K long to pick one that she fancied. 

Looking very pleased with her new Little Bobs, with her little friend who was also in a pretty pair of Little Bobs!
Skechers also has a charity program running in line with purchase of Little BOBS - now what other incentive do you need to buy something pretty and do good simultaneously?!

So after that pretty buy for K, she happily conceded to trying on shoes properly and here're our new kicks!

Our new Skechers GORun Ride 3 - mine in grey and pink, hers in pink and yellow
Now, I run quite a lot and I was pleased to feel that the shoes felt instantly comfortable and light. This made it a great start to my running companion. It looking this fashionable was an extreme bonus! I learnt from staff that this pair of shoes are suitable for short-to-long runs; and if I was keen to look for something slightly more structured, there are also options. I was amazed by the range of sports shoes they carry for athletes and I know where to go if I wanted to explore another pair of shoes (if I ever sign up for that mythical marathon...). But for now, I was pleased with this pair that will see me through my weekly runs up to average of 5-10km. The GORun Ride 3 is awarded "Best Buy" by Runner's World magazine - seriously, that cannot be stronger affirmation of how many people like running in this shoe! What's also interesting from understanding some of the shoe's construction is that it promotes mid-foot strike - this helps transform impact into reusable energy and that'd facilitate efficient running. How cool!  I'm psyched to try the shoes out - and because this entry it a little late, here's sharing how the little fashionista had already worn it out when we embarked on our rock-climbing experience last weekend - check that out here!

So, just to wrap up our experience at the store, it was pretty fun (shopping always is!) but what also made it endearing for me, as a parent was how with every purchase of a pair of kid's shoes, you get a special Skechers token. You can drop this token into this little child-attraction and your child gets to walk away with a little gift. How sweet!

Trying her luck to score a little gift with the toy-cum-train
The whole experience at Skechers was fun, and we both enjoyed ourselves from the happy smiles we received from the staff to walking out with our running shoes; and the little one wearing her new sparkly Little Bobs. It was a great day!

Thank you Skechers!

Disclaimer: Skechers has kindly sponsored a pair of Skechers GORun Ride 3 for my girl and I. All opinions are on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment