Thursday, August 7, 2014

Running routine - restart

For three mornings, I have tried to run. I got away scot-free the first day as it rained. Yay! Back to sleep. Then yesterday, I just was .. weak. I hit snooze again and again then gave up after 25minutes. Today, I wanted to snooze but I didn't. I started out 20minutes later, but I did it!

I also tried out my new Skechers out for the second time today. I felt that I needed to give it more run-in before I said too much about it. 

What I like about it: 
It's light - I used to have a pair of Saucony's which weighed a ton. Except that I did not know any better because it was the only pair of solid running shoes I had. When I got my pair of Nikes a few months back, they weighed like feather, so much so that I was shocked at how they could hold my feet while I ran. But they do and I accomplished my second half-marathon in them. There's a different feel with this pair of Skechers, it's also light but it hugs my feet slightly differently from my Nikes. It's easy to run in them and they seem to wrap my feet snugly. 

It is comfortable - I know, it seems as if the most natural thing in the world for sneakers to be comfortable. But I have weird feet, and weirder toes. Shoes that do not fit my properly hurt my bunions or my toes. This doesn't! Yay!

It's pretty - what not to like about the colours! Grey - not too bright to wear daily if I wanted to and that touch of pink just gives it that pretty spark. Love it!

If you are interested to try this pair of shoes for yourself, hit any Skechers store (listing here) and try a pair of GORun Ride 3. I recommend it, for novice runners, or semi-serious runners like myself. Oh, and don't forget - you can also get a pair for your mini me!

Today, I realised that I had a pair of running shorts that matches my running shoes. Grey-pink-combo FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment