Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A boy and his toys

The children have a lot of toys. The helper and I devised a system where the toys get switched around from storeroom to play room on a random basis. The children forget what they had and always show super enthusiasm at being reunited with  the stored toys - "oh I was looooooking for thiiiissss" (yeah right)


The boy's current obsession of the last 2 weeks, was his LEGO blocks. I'm very proud to be in a very fortunate position to be able to provide plenty of LEGO toys for the children and even prouder that they engage with the building blocks. I truly think it's a great toy to teach them patience (building), and allow them endless creative possibilities (tickling the young mind)... but I digress. The point is, I'm happy that they love the toy.


Mommy, these are two fighter jets

Play

Masterpiece - this was a joint effort by K and J; it's an airport & aeroplane

Last evening, he spent 15minutes talking me through another of his creations, and explained to me the breakdown of colours, the characters, the way the builds can connect/disconnect because besides his house, there is a detachable boat, and there was a runway because that's where the airplane is parked!


Love the stories he creates!

No comments:

Post a Comment