Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday

It's the long weekend! Hooray! It's a bummer that the husband is away, but we do what we gotta do and try to enjoy ourselves despite of his absence.

This morning, I awoke to the children pottering around the house (when I say pottering, I really mean stomping around like giants and talking shouting at me before 8am in the morning as if it were the most natural thing in the world. I reciprocate by ignoring them to my best ability. It's usually a half-win with K but sure-lose with J.) and I felt super tired when my alarm went off (of course, I did go to bed at 2am but hey. it's my me-time so don't judge.)


Anyway, the plan this morning was to go to Slappy Cakes. I'd read of this a long time ago and today was the right time to bring them. The place is pretty small, and we were lucky that when we got there, we were first in line (a queue formed behind us while waiting for our table). The menu was simple, with options to pick batter > accompaniment > sauce/extras. We tried a set of that (buttermilk base, strawberries, hazelnet spread), along with 2 different types of breakfast sets. They all turned out pretty yummy and I was quite happy.


The highlight, was of course, making pancakes!


Self-explanatory pic

Serious business
The children had so much fun and it was a joy watching them enjoying themselves. They were so enthusiastic and boasted that they would be able to finish another tube of batter... but I convinced them that we wouldn't really be able to and that we'd be back again. It was sweet when they gained confidence and offered to cook pancakes not just for themselves, but for the granny, helper and me.


After eating, we strolled around the Grandstand and got some snacks (Easter cupcakes and a lemon pound slice, and another coffee for me from the Dutch Colony). We also chanced upon a playzone/playground. We had no time for playground play, so I offered for the children to take a ride. Star Speed, it was!


A rolling, spinning, sports car that 'flew' forward/backward/sidewards.
We had no time to stay on as the big girl had tuition, and so we left. Thankfully, the children were well-behaved and did not fuss much. We had a nice drive home and drove right into a thunderstorm! It was pissing rain and I was glad that we were headed home, in comfort and safe. While the girl revised her work, the boy and I had some quiet play time.
LEGO builder
We have a party to attend later, and I'm looking forward. To hanging out with family, as well as have fun as I know the sister has put in effort to have games and stuff!



Official invite

Right now, I'm enjoying my pound cake with berries, with music playing, recapping our day... while the kids recharged.

Peace & quiet
I miss the husband. A week before he is back!
Happy Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment