Sunday, April 16, 2017

A funny, bunny Good Friday partay!

We got the invite to our first home-based Easter party, and I was looking forward! It was an evening with family, of yum food (I only had 3 servings of nasi lemak. Hee!) and games. I can always trust the sister to conjure up the best parties and this did not disappoint.


We all gathered on this cool evening, and it was a nice mix of family and friends. While waiting for people to arrive, some of us started to eat first and I was full and happy when the games were starting. *burp


Briefing
It's always important to pay attention during briefing, because we want to know what to do and how to win. Just check out the pros...
Intense much.

First game in the line-up, was the egg hunt! So, some of us may or may not have spotted eggs while we were eating our dinner. Turns out the sightings were not entirely helpful because we had to pick eggs only from our team colour. Ha, good one!

The hunt is on
Some hilarious moments included
(1) some competitive person (it's a sibling and not the sister) exclaimed "Wa! Mine is the worst colour lor! Everything is green!" *snigger
(2) every other player lamenting "so harrrrrd, I can only spot (another team's colour) egg!"
(3) me - the most invaluable player. I spotted zero eggs of my team colour. #atleastImhonest


It was good fun and I was truly horrified at my poor eyesight! Thankfully, my team did pretty ok, uncovering 4 out of 6 eggs #nothankstome


The next game, was "Pin the tail on the bunny", with inspiration from the original donkey.


The youngest/smallest bunny; also the sweatiest

K and her bunny tail pin
Again, there were hilarious discoveries including
(1) the son is a sore loser perfectionist. He was very upset that he did not pin the tail properly.
(2) the daughter was a sweet player. I knew she was sad/upset that she did not do well, and she lamented of her poor performance a few times, but she kept it well under control (instead of losing it). To me, this was a sign of a maturing child who is conscious of her behaviour and I was so proud of her behaviour.
(3) the son is a sabo king! He - uninitiated, may I add - began trash-talking the other teams by confusing them with his instructions?! Who taught him that?! Annnnd, he's victorious (yes, he did YES!) when they did NOT pin the tail properly and got angry when the winners did?!


What great fun and I do appreciate the other players not judging us (maybe they did, but just concealed it well.) and allowing my children, to be well, children.


The final game was a 3-legged egg race.


We did 51s.
This last game was (also) hilarious, and here are the key take-outs
(1) Children take baby steps. Like, literally.
(2) The son is a sore loser. Oh, I said that already. He teared when we dropped our egg and was frustrated that we did!
(3) The brother and his wife are champion 3-legged-racers. Like, they are professionals*.


*Professionals because on a random occasion some years back when our family played this 3-legged-race, they won it. They totally owned this title again this race!


Victory!
I laughed so hard during the games, yes, even when I was the MIP (most invaluable player) because the point of it all was to have fun, and I so did. I also enjoyed the snacking, the eating, the drinks (I had 1, d*mn the leaky nose) and just about everything about this evening.


Winners.
Audience
It was such a lovely time and I am so thankful for the sister and her busband for organising this. The husband missed it, and perhaps he can be involved next time to up the Seah-game, possibly?


Hope you had a lovely, lovely Easter weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment