Monday, April 3, 2017

Achivement unlocked - J rides a 2-wheeler

It happened totally unplanned. The most thought that went into it was the husband's intent of wanting to teach the children to cycle on their bikes, minus the set of training wheels. It never happened because (1) their bike wheels went a bit kaput and the husband had to get a pump to mend the wheels (2) he was also looking for some tool to remove the training wheels.


On this Sunday morning, when the husband and I were planning to hit the gym when the kids were out, we spent it discovering this eureka moment instead!


It started because this naughty boy lost control of himself and ended up kicking his sister in the face - first thing in the morning! So, his treat of going out with the grandparents was removed, & he was stuck with us at home. We switched plans from the gym, to having bfast with him along.


Post-breakfast, we went to this playground nearby and there happened to be a boy with a bicycle there. The husband decided there and then to let him try - why not?



Lesson-in-progress

The kind boy who loaned us his bike

Going strong (10 minutes in)

Love his don't-give-up-I'm-trying-attitude

It happened really quickly. Within 15minutes, he seemed to be doing ok... and on this particular trial, the husband put him on the bike, held on, told J to "pedal!" and... stood beside me as the boy launched. I was a bunch of nerves! I couldn't believe the husband just let him go, I tried to hold the phone as steadily as I could (for some reason, I was trembling from excitement/anxiety?!) with one hand, while the other was covering my mouth. I know, it sounds so dramatic but I couldn't explain my thrill and I had to stop myself from squealing out - that'd freak him out and backfire the progress! It was so exciting.

His first time riding 2-wheels on his own!

Look at him!

It was amazing, his progress in such a short period of time, the husband's steady approach in training him, and ah-hem, I'll like to think I contributed by documenting this milestone. Ha!


He was on such a high after, exclaiming "I did it!" and I was so proud of him I told him so, and he parroted it back to me "Mommy, you feel proud of me right?"


Haha, so adorbs. Now, to get the girl on this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment