Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This exasperates and amuses me simultaneously

What does? My child does. So, K is the sweetest girl. She is a princess (fussy), and also very sweet and loving. However, her attitude is generally very bochap. She isn't flustered over most stuff, she is not time-sensitive and that's part of the reason why I struggled with her when primary school started. It took her a while to adjust to the routine of school, and I needed to remind myself that she was only a child and needed time to calibrate.


This year, she's gotten off to a good start and I am so proud of her achievements. She has been getting 100% for all her school's weekly spelling since January! This is such a big difference when she struggled to cope last year; and I'll say it again, I am so proud of my girl.


I am not a tiger mom, but there is a 'but' here.


K still isn't bothered by things like filing, or keeping things neat. And that's why, this picture is a perfect encapsulation of the situation with her right now.


10/10 - full marks! - on a totally crumpled and (this takes the cake)
torn paper. There is a 'see me' the teacher wrote, as the teacher
wanted to know why the paper was in .. such a state. Ha!

And for the record, as I was working late that evening, I had to write down a list of questions for her in case I forgot by the next morning.

She brought nail polish to school?!

Ah, interesting daily anecdotes... my sweet little ladida girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment