Monday, June 6, 2011

Saturday night adventure

The sister and I planned to watch X-men together. So we gathered our partners and fixed the date for last Saturday. Two days before, I made bookings for 4pax and we were rather excited to catch the show (I know I was).

Saturday was rather fun as the family spent practically all afternoon together and the sister and I bonded plenty with Mom & Kate (playground - bazhang - Thai food - humid weather - late afternoon over-snack - changing of sofa covers - the brother who did not prefer our company).

As it was a double-date, we figured it'd make more sense to drive one car only and we arrived at AMK Hub about 20minutes before the slated show-time. To cut a long story short, the "booking" I had made for our double-date was made alright, but it was at Cineleisure and not AMK Hub.

...

Time was 9.43pm. We were physically at AMK Hub. Our seats were at Orchard Cineleisure for the 9.55pm show. What do we do?

The husband very quickly made a decision "we'll make a mad dash now". OK!

I quickly tapped the sister on her shoulder and she quickly went to tap on the boyfriend's shoulder and amidst the husband's thunderous facial expression, the boyfriend's bemusement, the sister's amazement and my guilt - we made it to our seats only minutes into the show!

(cue Sea World ovation applause)

Thanks to the husband, the sister and the boyfriend for not stoning me for the very honest mistake that I made. And I definitely enjoyed the show very much!

Special thanks to the husband who drove so swiftly it was as if we were "X-mened" (like magic - ZAP!) to our destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment