Thursday, June 2, 2011

Song & dance

Kate has been singing for a while and recently, she seems to be humming constantly. It's so fun to hear her humming the songs she knows - wei wei bu yao pa & ni wa wa (both chinese songs), Eensy weensy spider, Twinkle twinkle, Barney and her all-time favorite, Happy Birthday! It's so cute and I'm so proud of her because the melodies she hums are very clear and pitch-accurate so much so that the songs are absolutely recognizable. So clever! Sometimes, she sings them with lyrics but that's not too apparent to strangers cos her pronunciation still needs some working on but hey, it's a perfect 10 for a 20-month-old!

Sometime ago, I also started to engage Kate in dance. I got tired of her watching Pocoyo and Barney on the youtube and decided to introduce her to "Hokey Pokey". It took her a few days, and after several times where the sister and I encourage her to do the dance by singing it and dancing along with her, she's comfortable doing the dance on her own now! I especially love how she does the hokey pokey bit and she even does an extra twirl (turn yourself around) sometimes when she's feeling fancy. How cute is that!

Another dance she does is this sing-along of a Barney episode where they sing "Bingo". It's kinda like you clap your hands but with your body moving to a side and again, after some weeks of practise, my girl's doing it pretty niftily now.

I am amazed at how developed she is and am terribly proud. I need to capture a good video and share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment