Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sick peas

It sucks to be sick.

I feel worn out, dehydrated, my lips have been chapped for the past week, I have a mild throbbing headache that comes on and off, my shoulders and back are achey (a lousy massage didn't help it one bit), and I feel fat (besides the fact that I have put on weight, I feel bloated).

What is worse, is when Kate is also sick.

The poor girl got the bug from me (sigh, I do feel bad! I do!) and she's been muggy the past week too. The good news is that her fever is gone though she's still taking her medication for cough and cold religiously. Her phlegm is building up though and we can hear her laboured breathing - deep sigh. In my second visit to the Doc's in 5 days (4-day MC split into 2 occasions though I am unable to relieve the full 4 days due to work), I consulted him about the breathing - it is rather bothersome and I know the root of the problem is that she is unable to clear her phlegm as we adults do (pui). The Doc suggested not to sleep in the air-conditioned room as it does not help. So being the guilty and responsible Mom, I did so last night.

I put Kate to sleep (we played a new silly game yesterday! I'll update on that later) then I switched off the air-con and lucky for us (!) the weather all night was relatively cool. I like to think that this practice helped as her breathing seemed more even and less cloggy this morning. But it may just be my imagination.

The nasty bug is floating around and I've heard of friends being uber-ill and friend's children having very high temperatures too so I feel mildly comforted, though truthfully, it's been a week already and I want us to get well already!

Go away you blardy bug! *GGRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment