Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Xiao bai

Xiao bai has been with us for nearly 6 years. He's served us well. In my recollection, the worst problem we faced was the battery failing us on several occasions (the worst was when I was pregnant and we were stuck at the hospital while on a gynae visit).

He is an upgrade from a two-wheeler, which got too dangerous and also inappropriate in my parents' point of view. So, to be more reliable and stable, he got Xiao bai. I always thought of Xiao bai as cute. It's like a "toy car", I'll say; which the husband will disagree with because it's a car. Not a toy! But hey, I liked how it was cute in terms of its handy size. To the husband: you must agree that it's also made it a lot easier for you to park "creatively" (looks at the sister).

He started out with shiny gold rims - so sart sart, though over the years, it's faded and the other day, someone commented that one rim looks gold & the other silver. Oops.

We started out with all the leather seats shiny and sheen, now it's still black and clean, though there are little tears in the leather. From serving the husband and I, it's also carried Kate very well too. Xiao bai has held two different child-seats for Kate, the newborn one and now, the child one. He's seen us from a dating couple, attended our wedding along with us (not the wedding car, but as part of the white entourage).

I also sat in Xiao bai through my pregnancy, he sent us safely to the hospital, he was my first point of contact with civilisation when I first stepped out of the hospital after delivery, I carried Kate tightly as I sat in the car, watching the world through surreal eyes as it seemed as if time had stopped for me when I was in the ward post-delivery.

Xiao bai, it's been a good ride. I still cannot figure out why your driver window breaks down sometimes for no apparent reasons, and why the bro-in-law is the one person who can 'miraculously' repair it (through not doing anything at all). But you are a great car, the first of the husband and I and we love you simply because you will always be our number one. *sniff

In the last 6 months, I've driven you a lot more and I've gotten so comfortable with you. Hopefully you find another family that will treat you as well as we did (we keep everything in you only because we love you. Yes, all 6 pairs of shoes & more).

Today is the last time I'm driving you. Sorry about the bumps over kerbs and all of those. I shall miss you.

Thank you, Xiao bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment