Wednesday, February 29, 2012

回家了!


And we have been discharged! It feels great to come home. The feeling of liberation was amazing, to walk about on familiar grounds, to do and see routine things.

It was slightly hectic being day 1 - adjustments for everyone in the entire family equation since everyone has a part to play; whether it is Mom staying over, Dad and the sister coming over for dinner, the husband, Jake, Kate and me - we are all dealing with change in varying degrees. I hope we settle into a comfortable pattern soon and may this dreaded confinement month breeze through.

I'm feeling ok so far (hah it's only been 10 hours). My milk's kicking in and I'm handling Jake well. There's serious concern about virus since an epidemic is about and different family members have mild strains of it and we don't want Jake to be infected. Poor Kate's still unwell and i think she's dealing with the most as she's not really understan
ding what's going on. She's so sweet in wanting to "see didi" always, though she's also slightly disconcerted and wants attention. [Special thanks to the sister who played with her and made her laugh just now when everyone was busy!] I miss Kate but I'm also feeling tired and not that energetic. Will need to work at being with her, my beloved princess. It's tough; I was already telling the sister of me feeling "mommy guilt".

So yes. Life's going on and we're all rolling along.

One thing great about the iPhone is that I can blog on-the-go, but hopefully I get to sit with a laptop soon (since I'm now home) so that I can upload pictures.

One final note: I received a beautiful bouquet of twelve roses from the husband! It was a pleasant surprise and I'm definitely touched and happy to receive it! I'm a lucky woman *blush

Thank you my sweet husband!

Good night, world. Another day tomorrow. Sit tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment