Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday morning craft

I shared that Kate had 2 more items for her room & this morning, we had the opportunity to work on one of them. It's a DIY wind-chime. I'd showed Kate the box & told Kate of it last night but it was too late in the night and as I was on solo parenting duty, I was too chicken (lazy/terrified) to do it with her; so I told her (lied) that I didn't know how to do the craft and we needed Papa's help (not entirely an untruth, really. I do need help!)

This morning, the girl remembered and dragged the husband to the room where the box was and said very excitedly "Papa you see, we need to do this and this, can you help me please? Mommy don't know how to do!"

...

So anyway. Papa and daughter bonded through this simple activity and I was very happy to sit aside to snap pictures.

Papa demonstrating how the glue pen works

Kate giving it a shot

She pours the beads onto the structure

Papa finds another tool to help spread the beads

And Kate quickly wants to use the stick too

Tada! - the finished product

I really enjoy watching the husband and daughter bond; such moments are really what makes me smile and love them so much my heart feels like it's nearly-going to burst. Kate's becoming a lot more independent and I can tell that she is quick to pick things up. In this craft-example, she grasped the concept of how to lay the glue followed by beads very quickly (through me explaining it to her the night before) and she was able to copy the husband's actions very easily. I find these child-developments extremely fascinating and amazing! They are really sponges in human forms.

Now, to put the finishing touches to this wind-chime (to place in the chime bit) and find somewhere to put it up at.

No comments:

Post a Comment