Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My first night feed

It's now a pretty ghastly hour and I will go sleep soon. But I wanted to put it on record that feeding at night is a different affair from the day. Maybe it's the darkness, or that everyone else is asleep but you. Whatever it is, only your baby and you are awake for those moments and it's so precious. Jake's eyes were open for this feed. The 4.15am one (blah) though they also were at birth (8am), and in the evening (6pm).

I remember my first midnight feed with Kate at the hospital. It was so surreal and I was so afraid I was goofing up, not knowing what I was doing at all. This second time round, I definitely am more confident though parenting is one of those things where you never really know, do you.

And the ride has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment