Monday, September 8, 2014

中秋节 and the first Frozen party

Today is the 15th day of the 8th month based on the traditional lunar calendar. So last Saturday, the family gathered to have a very yummilicious and 团圆steamboat dinner. Because the brother and the girlfriend will miss the Frozen party next weekend, we also threw in a small cake to celebrate the first of K's turning 5. An excited little girl deserves the happy celebration!

Dinner. Thanks to the husband for preparing this! (While I was out on a date)

Everyone's favourite part of the cake #lookalike

Can't recall why everyone was laughing, but I love this pic

Serious business
After stuffing ourselves with the cake, we then headed for some lantern-carrying to get into the mood.

Our little lantern troupe

We also then opened up some presents that K received and I love family time. Seeing how everyone hangs out and does things together - that's creating special memories. Here's our last lantern-carrying activity.

Creating customised jewellery
A family shot - 6 September 2014 (not sure why both kids look so unhappy?!)
And to end off this lovely evening of family and togetherness, I love this beautiful picture of my beautiful daughter.

I cannot believe you're turning 5, sweetie. I love you and I hope you enjoyed this first of your birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment