Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!

With the cast 

I bought tickets with no expectations, and that perhaps was the best thing. I was suitably entertained, and was happy because both kids enjoyed the show! Even the husband did not fall asleep. Ha ha.

Our first experience at the theatre, years ago (with K) was a non-event, to say the least. Tickets were purchased, we turned up and K refused to stay in the darkened theatre. To say that she was traumatised, is quite apt. So a few years on, back at the same venue, she is older and a lot more receptive. She did not freak out - thank goodness!

She was engaged with the show (though she did space out at some bits and started talking), responded loudly and confidently when prompted and it was so cute to watch. 

J, at the same age where K was traumatised before, really surprised me! He was thoroughly engaged with the show, mimicking/responding to questions that were thrown at the audience, and was able to keep up with the little dance motions. It was extremely adorable.

So the first show went well and I'm extremely pleased. I even forked out too much money to buy two books on the show, and three days on, I read it with the kids today and both were suitably engaged and I hammed it up, exaggerating my read like the show and both thoroughly enjoyed shouting "NO" right back at me.

Such lovely experiences with the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment