Friday, September 12, 2014

TGIF... and our weekend starts now!

So, yesterday was a bit of a tragic day. The day started out poorly with what I'm going to call "The return of the Horror Mother" - where I am basically cranky, short-tempered and allow anything to annoy me and the poor kids get the short end of the stick. Then work took forever, kept piling up and I came home past 11pm; only to discover K wasn't asleep yet and waiting for me... and I spent the next hour putting her to sleep; only to crawl back up for a dupper (dinn-supper), shower and to complete the rest of my work. I ended the uber long day at 2am.

But. Today is a beautiful day and I'm going to try to remember my friend's words - Repair, is as important; if not more important than what happened. So repair and make it better. 

So I'm going to be a happy person and keep the Horror Mother at bay. I lazed in a bit and thankfully the Mother helped to bring the kids out so that I could pack - we have a staycation planned tonight and we're looking forward!

And here's sharing what I briefed the kids to (try to) do; in my half-asleep state (in a bid to get them out of the room so that I can please get abit more lie-in)



Of course, I had to do it all over again but I like the idea of getting them involved. K's a lot bigger and independent and she can understand the brief "2 dresses, 1 set of pyjamas, 3 underwear..." (I could hear her reciting that when she was packing - so cute)

Alright then. I'm done with my yoghurt breakfast (hello sister, honey thick + creamy with a huge sprinkle of cereal!) and I'm going to wash up and hit the world - go meet my kiddos and head to our "holiday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment