Monday, September 15, 2014

Sept school holidays - staycation in Sentosa

It was school holiday week last week and as with most parents who work, I opted to take a day off to be with the kids. The morning started off with them going off for a morning of fun with 奶奶.

Indoor playground fun
They made a new friend
Swinging solo
Then we braved the public transport and made it to the waters.

Crossing the causeway from Singapore to Sentosa!
We made it!
It was hot, and I felt victorious finally being out of work with the kids.

And so we take silly pictures 
Hot & bothered, in need of a nap - with their new friends
Finally, at 3pm, we checked into the room. Aaaah, air-conditioning.

Looking for our room
My plan of getting everyone to take a power nap - failed. The husband had joined us by then & so we just took off for some fun activities. First, we filled our tummies. Truthfully, the food court was the cheapest option but it does serve pretty awful food. Thus, it's still considerably over-priced with poor value for money. It's so bad that the husband says "remind me never to eat here again".

Then, we headed for some rides!

Ski lifts!
Family shot.

Honestly, it was quite freaky going up that first time. My nerves were more calm on the second & third rides (we got the 3-ride-package), but it was still rather scary. The husband (scarily) pointed out that there was no safety net below us. GREAT.

Oh, and I had two accidents on the ride. The first ride was fine - just freaked out by the novelty of the ride. The second time, I was clumsy and hadn't adjusted my thighs properly when the attendant pulled the bars down. Result - the barrier nipped at my thigh and I have a bruise. Ouch. The third time, J's slippers dropped & as I bent down to pick it up (unsuccessfully, may I add) - the attendant (again!) pulled the bar down and I hit the back of my head. OUCH.

Tragic.

But the rides down were pretty fun. I was slightly nervous as I had never taken it before, plus I had to guard the life of one child. But phew - it was pretty awesome and we all had fun! (minus my accidents)


Helmets that barely fit. & check out K's I'm-so-sleepy-face.
K rode with me the first time. The next two times, this dare-devil opted to ride with the husband who was obviously a much faster driver than me!
After the rides, we trooped across the road to the beach. Finally, some beers to calm the nerves.

Frolicking in the sunset... & his diapers
Happiness - look at that face :)
#familylove
It happened to be the Sentosa Buskers Festival 2014 and we caught one clown-show.

Kids heading to drop some tips for the clown (you can kinda make him out holding the hat to that boy in white?)

It was about 745pm by this time and we were all pretty drained. We've messed up our meal times from the snacks consumed through the day, plus missing the afternoon nap just made the kids all semi-cranky. But we went ahead with one more burst of activity - water play!

Even though it was cold, even though I knew they were on the brink of sniffly noses; despite all that, it made it all worthwhile & fun to watch them run about in such a carefree manner with laughs & giggles. They ran, and came back to give me kisses & hi-5s, then ran back into the water with abandon. 

Climbing the 40-steps (yes, we counted) back up to the hotel.
The kids pretty much crashed after this. It had been, afterall, a rather exciting & long day for them. & we parents followed suit. We all crashed & at 4am, J woke up for milk & caused everyone to wake up - thankfully we all managed to go back to sleep.. until the blissful time of 0830! #amazingsleepin

The next morning
Ready to hit the pool
Checking-out

We kept the next morning simple, because it was the last chance to utilise the hotel's facilities before we left.

In all, the kids had a good time & J did not want to leave the hotel. He definitely is growing up, with clear knowledge & understanding of a "holiday". Memories are made of these, and I really hope the kids continue to appreciate the effort we try to create memory banks with these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment