Friday, September 12, 2014

Thanks to the Daddy

It's school holiday week, and the sweet 爷爷offered to bring the kids out to the zoo!

The one pic he shared with me.

He rang me that morning and asked the kids to be dressed and ready in the hour. And he'd take them with him. So random, but I love how he'll bother to do something with the children when he knows that they are on holidays.

And this pic below, depicts some of our communication. I try my best, to make it easy for him to understand by (taking a long time to) writing in Mandarin. He responds simply - typically - with "ok".

He also sends empty messages, sometimes

And really, this is my Dad; the great (& funnily adorable) 爷爷. He tries his best and while it may result in some hilarious (he lost the kids' bag at the zoo yesterday. Nothing critical lost as it contained their hats, bottles, wet wipes and the likes), exasperating (no, you cannot eat ice-cream! Tell 爷爷 you cannot eat ice-cream!) and accepting (you can share some french fries ok. but no ice-cream! - because I know Dad will indulge them so I just pick the lesser of the evils, depending on the kid's health) situations... I'm ever thankful for his love.

Did I mention that he is also the daily shuttle that ensures K arrives to school safely? His willingness to help really brings convenience to us and I think I don't give enough thanks to him. Oh, and not to mention how he quirkily arranged to sign K up for blading classes just because! He has also brought them out to the skating rink, McDonalds, the shopping mall, the zoo, the park... I'm so thankful!

To my sweetheart of a Dad, thanks for your love and help; we really appreciate it and love you as much/more in return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment