Sunday, September 14, 2014

Kate turns 5

So just last weekend, we did a mini birthday celebration for K; a mini one with the immediate family as the brother & the girlfriend wasn't able to join us today. So this lucky girl gets not one, not two (this being the second) but three celebrations this year! (The actual day comes soon in a few days)

It was a windy, sunny day that helped keep the house cool with natural winds; and it was an easy party. One where people sat around, chatted, talked and ate. 

Preps (from top, clockwise): KATE TURNS 5 banner (credit: the sister), blue-and-white roses with a sprinkle of baby's breath (me), the Frozen pinata (Godpa), Olaf (Uncle B), Olaf tee for J & Elsa dress for K (me).

Stuffing the pinata - a very important task that the kids happily undertook (hm, I think B was also excited)

Decor: blue-and-white balloons, a castle sign "Princess K's Magical Snow Castle", protected by Olaf - a mini  paper cut-out & the real deal. While we didn't have any mascot this party, this snowman was the real deal maaaaan (can you tell I'm impressed?!)

Key entertainment for the afternoon was (drumroll please) - tadah - the Frozen Movie! & this shot was a special one of the kids singing Let it goooooo (but, of course)

No one got hungry - lotsa pretty colours all on-theme
One of three Elsas in different costumes and heights

A birthday shot with the favourite grandparents
The partay people! 
Happy 5th Birthday, K! A close-up of this delicious ice-cream cake from Swensen's. 

What's a party without lotsa sugar & treats?! (that's me, playing the aunty holding a plastic bag - of more bags. They came in very handy! Thanks to the sister!)

A pretty poor pic, but you can kinda make out the Q of kids who took their turns to hit the Frozen sisters very hard. (perhaps if the adults did it we'd have shattered the pinata if we allowed how we felt about the movie spill out!)

PANDEMONIUM! 

The calm after the storm. After everyone cleared the stairways (ah-hem. we made do with space), this little boy asked for permission to eat the cracker that he had been eyeing since he was packing the pinata). Gotta give it to him for his single-mindedness. He was one happy chap despite not sweeping too much candy at all. 
Olaf with Olaf with Olaf (like, Inception). 
& because Olaf is such a hit, here's one we took with him.

Before I end off, I believe you will know that a party doesn't just, well, happen. If you are familiar with planning a party - or anything at all, for that matter - it takes time. You need people that you can count on, to delegate tasks to and more importantly trust that they can make it happen - & surpass your expectations. Honestly, I need to dedicate this bit to my family. 
  • The husband - despite his busy schedule and tendency to forget everything if he can, is always reliable and can be counted on for his presence and actions to turn things about (you know, those bits & bobs that always happen). 
  • The mother & father - for their presence, and love for my children that I'm eternally thankful for. Mom made delicious keropok for the party - hit!
  • The brother & girlfriend - for their thoughtful gifts and though they are less, uh, expressive compared to the #favouriteyiyi, that's just their style. 
  • The sister & boyfriend - the sister is always the one that I can count on. & while it may seem that I'm always uh, delegating work to her; it's also because I will step up to help her anytime. And because she always does such a brilliant job of over-achieving her tasks, I do tend to rely on her expert services. & because I feel like I can never thank her enough - this is for you, sister #love. She's helped me accomplish excellent parties for K (the first yo party that never happened, her epic purple dinosaur party, her 3rd princess birthday & her 4th Hello Kitty birthday). Plus J's best Elmo party ever! Honestly, with such an impressive resume of past achievements, I'm filled with love & gratitude as I share the joy of my children with you. & thank you, for pulling a very awesome helper this year too, for those blisters & cramped fingers in making all the little touches add up to the huge success that this & every party is, thank you & you. 


Post-party SOS services provided, too. Where to find!

So this year, as I celebrate my little girl turning into practically a tween, I'm thankful that she is still as innocent as she is. I'm happy that she is happy with everything that we have done for her, and how our friends & family gamely attended the party on-theme in lovely colours to share this lovely day of frivolous fun. She spent the evening poring through her gifts and activating them (the craft items/interactive books) instantly. She is so blessed.


1 comment:

  1. (': <3 <3 <3

    haha. i forgot about princess party ! lol that was so. generic :P anyways. i thot this year's frozen partaye was not too bad indeed ! :D

    <3 xx LOVE

    ReplyDelete