Sunday, March 13, 2016

My birthday cake #1


Happy birthday, me!

On a super humid and warm Sunday, I was filled to the brim with food and love.

My mother volunteered to cook up a storm for me, suggesting her home-cooked style curry that's always a hit with everyone, and when I requested for her signature mee sua, she obliged in a heartbeat, with zero hesitation.

I received my first birthday cake of this year, and doesn't it just look amazing? Thanks to the sister who helped to organise a birthday gift that is highly practical and super loved, and the cake that made the afternoon of feasting super sweet.

The day finished off with an impromptu dessert session with the brother and his wife, and the husband. A simple affair over mango pomelo, durian paste and black glutinous rice with ice-cream, and light conversation with the people whom I love.

It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment