Monday, April 18, 2011

Much ado

I'm really going to regret not sleeping when the alarm goes off tomorrow, especially since I have to be at work 1hr15mins earlier than usual, but I figure you cannot fight inspiration nor the urge to write. After all, it's therapeutic to release thoughts.

The past few days have been rather exciting and hectic, starting with two nights of work events. Levi's was the official apparel sponsor of Timbre Rock & Roots 2011. We got a hospitality booth and for those two nights, I had some work to do but also the chance to hang out with colleagues, friends and watch some pretty amazing music acts. I must say that I was rather excited about the entire show - I expected amazing atmosphere, wild crowds; but I must say that the entire experience was less than my expectations.

To be fair, the line-up of artistes were not what I was familiar with, safe for some very big names the likes of Bob Dylan and John Legend. And though a crowded place is inconvenient for many things - long Qs, smelly sweaty people etc - it does make a concert better as it is the people that also maketh the experience.

For me, the best act across both nights has got to be John Legend. He was very charming and totally mesmerized me - and every other girl (and maybe guy) - at the concert. He has a velvet voice that croons very sexily. Nice. At this concert, I saw some friends and managed to hang out and chat with them in bits and pieces. I also discovered that old me could stay up past midnight! Haha.

The husband joined me the first night of the concert, and early Saturday morning, Kate and I sent him off on his work trip at the airport. Kate and I then spent the rest of Saturday with her favorite Grandma and Yiyi, before I went to work again.

Today was spent sleeping in till noon - feeling like crap really when I woke up because sleeping late is such a tiring thing (!!). I accomplished the errands of the day - doing an exchange for the husband, going for a birthday party, buying milk powder for Kate - and watched a bit of TV after Kate knocked out.

This documentation is beginning to sound rather boring, and I wish I had the energy to zest it up. But strangely, Im feeling mildly melancholic. May it be PMS? Perhaps it's because I miss the husband (it's only a week that he's gone though and very manageable). Maybe it's because I miss Kate? Somehow, I feel that I don't spend enough time with her - I have to be more focused and spend quality time with her when I can.

Right - that's what I'll focus on for the week in the husband's absence. I have to do more to help the MIL since it's only her and I that will care for Kate this week, so I may as well set my mind to do it better. She's growing up so fast. She's such a lovely little lady and she amazes me to no end at her intelligence. I also really feel so loved every time she calls out for me, and when she gives me her signature hug. She gives me kisses willingly. She is my baby.

Alright, I guess I really ought to sleep because I'm becoming mildly incoherent.

Here's to a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment