Saturday, April 9, 2011

Social networking, fashion runway, front row seat & tired feet

That pretty much sums up what my day was about.

It started as usual at 7am where I bus-ed to work and went about my day. I then hit my event site by 2pm and started my very own "catwalk" from Paragon to Ion several times, checking out the hair & make-up for my models for the fashion runway event taking place tonight.

I met many people through the day, from high-ranking people from different organizations, to a friendly uncle who owns a chain of hair boutiques, to work associates that may be very helpful to know, to other randoms... before I knew it, it was showtime and while I was very glad that I didn't have to be involved in the actual show operationally, it was still rather nail-biting to be in the front row alongside your principals waiting to present them all the work that's been put in the apparel selection, hair & make-up style directive...

The show went fine (I did see a lady's chair collapse when she was sitting on it. But, that's not on-stage so... ), and I'm very proud to say that the Levi's segment went off without a hitch. The choreography was quite interesting, but what really really made it go "WOW" was the styling of apparels with excellent make-up & hair that really brought the essence of the brand alive. We looked very sexy.

Through the night, I saw familiar faces, some nice some not so, and all in all, it was very exciting (I do need a better adjective than over-using this same word!) to be in the front row watching my show materialize in front of my eyes.

At the end of it all, I felt a little boo that I didn't have anyone to hang out with; it would have been super if I could have hit No5 for some beer & chicken wings, but it's just as well that I managed to fill my tummy - every trustworthy junk food at all times, Maccas, and - can you believe this - take a very cheap bus ride home (it was midnight!) and now that I'm in the comfort of my scruffy pjs and bedroom, I look at my beautiful sleeping beauty and I think - aahh, just as well that I'm here with my precious.

What a day. My feet, oh, my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment