Monday, April 11, 2011

Our weekend past

The weekend started for us late, as we did not do our usual Friday dinner. Instead, I was at work (15 hours!) from 9am to midnight overseeing the fashion show that Levi's was taking part in. FSO (Fashion Season @ Orchard) celebrates Fashion in this quarter alongside many other shows such as the Audi Fashion Fest, Men's Fashion Week, etc. The day was spent clearing up work in the office for half the day, then the latter half was spent at Orchard Road. Here are pictures from the day.

Make-up corner, backstage

Our ladies had smoky make-up, love the kohl eyes

Our men did too!

Our only female model with short hair, love how rock she looked

Dressing up, backstage was getting increasingly more stressful. Rizal, the stylist, doing touch-ups to the models

Levi's looking sexy

My favourite male model, how hot is he!

The husband has his own agenda for Friday night and while I don't have any pics of him during the night, here's one of him post:

Hung-over

He was pretty much in a bad state all the day till 4pm on Saturday afternoon. Ha ha.
He was feeling so crap that he asked me to drive, which is practically an unheard of! Here are some pics of my babies crashed out.

The husband's personal leg-rest

View from my mirror in the front

The drunken one

We spent the afternoon at Suntec City to catch a work fashion show, where I also got to spend an hour alone with Kate while the husband rested (from his drunken stupor). She is at a stage now where she is very comfortable sitting in the pram (in fact, she wants to!) and she will sit there relaxedly, enjoying the ride, talking/singing to herself the entire time. How lovely.

The husband and I dropped Kate off with my mom, her weekly sleepover with Grandma & Yeye. The husband and I managed to get a night of nothingness to ourselves where we talked, lazed, ate & attempted to watch a movie. Such nights of no-kid is quite enjoyable. We were also preparing for our 2Xu run the next morning... which got off to an awkward start because we both missed hearing the alarms and instead, woke up startled when the husband's colleague rang him at 5.30am asking "where are you?" Oops.

We very hurriedly washed up and prepared to head out of the house and we did so in record time. By 6.15am, we were at the meeting point @ Marina Square.

This was my 2nd run (the first was Run for Hope 2008) & I was rather psyched about it because I reckon I'm in pretty good shape now, post-birth. I've been exercising regularly for the past 4months and I was rather looking forward to it. I wasn't stressed, and all I wanted to achieve was to keep running (no stopping!) the entire time. I am very proud to say that I did it! I did not stop throughout the entire 12km! I did stop, however, to climb up a set of stairs after the 8km mark. I am not sure of my timing, but if I remember right, I probably did the run in about 1hr 26mins. Wonder if 2Xu will follow-up with a certificate with my actual time, then I'll know for sure?

Feeling victorious post-run, with Eileen, my fellow-female runner

Proud me, with my number tag & finisher medal

The husband and I

We rewarded ourselves with a hearty breakfast

Burrrp

It was only 10ish am after all that hard work, and my parents were super-marketing with Kate and so the husband and I arranged to meet them at the park. This is their new weekly activity with the baby.

The silly husband who spoils this picture with his closed eyes *ggrr

The husband doing what he really wanted to (see picture above), while we waited for Kate & my parents to arrive

Family fun at the kiddy playground

Happy baby!

Sang nila Kate checking out the horizons at Bishan Park

It started to drizzle so we had to make our escape

My loving parents

Nana

The drizzle stopped so Kate continued her exercise in the park, chasing dogs (you can make out the puppy just at the tip of her head from the pic, it just looks like a blob)

We spent the rest of Sunday eating & resting (oh my poor feet) & I got to reward myself with a manicure & pedicure session. Finally! My nails look human!

Sunday ended with the cousins playing together. Lukas can walk on his own already!

1 comment: