Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

The husband said "Happy birthday" to me first - yesterday. He'd gone out to run an errand with Kate and when he came back, he passed me this box of tau sar piah and said "happy birthday!" - haha. I'd been craving for this before I delivered and I'm touched that he remembered that I fancied this (& only from this shop, by the way) and that he got it for me. Whether it was on the way or not doesn't matter - what did is that he remembered and I got to eat it. *beams

My first birthday treat (during confinement too!)

Then I guess it must have been just past midnight, that I got woken up from my sleep by the husband saying "happy birthday" to me with a kiss. I think my reaction was probably not very much to him then (hey, I was sleeping! And I'm a sleep-deprieved breast-feeding Mother!) but I think it's really sweet that the man I love is the first to physically wish me so - it matters because it means that we're with each other and nothing can be more important and sweet than being with your loved ones, yes?

I also received plenty of birthday love from Jake - who woke up every hour after 3am; I didn't know what he was fussing about so I ended up waking up to latch him every hour - by the time day broke, I was knackered! O yes, I'm also touched and happy that the husband helped with the night diaper changes so I managed to crash back to snooze after feeding. But I still looked a horrid sight at 8am when I got out of bed. =_= (don't remind me about ageing - gaaah!)

I pottered around the quiet house when Jake and the husband were both sleeping - and I tried not to think too much that it was my birthday. After all, being in confinement meant that nothing could be planned and man, it'd definitely more fun to be out and about - like I was last year. But oh well, I guess this is a small sacrifice for mankind (my little man, to be precise). Kate was out with my mom and that was a good thing, cos otherwise I'd have to be up even earlier than 8 and I guess there's only that much my body can take and on my birthday, I much prefer to take it as easy as I can.

The husband finally rolled out of bed eventually from Jake's fussing (I was having my breakfast - I don't like my milo cold! & besides, after latching him that many times I figured he could not possibly still be hungry?!) & he carried Jake out from the room. I watched them have some moments and my heart swelled with love.

Sure, it ain't easy with two kids but sometimes, it's all worth while and this is one of the times where it's clearly so. I see two men who I love with all my heart bonding with each other and it's these little things that's so worth remembering...

My two most favourite men in the world

The mother and daughter came home soon after and our day pretty much started to run like clockwork. Jake got bathed, Kate had to be watched over, Mother started cooking etc... and being the weekend, several aunts and uncles came over to visit the baby too. So by lunch time, the house was filled with people! It was quite chaotic.

Finally, after lunch, the birthday cake was brought out and no one was happier than Kate! The sweetie knew it was my birthday and I made her sing me the birthday song at least twice (hah). Absolutely music to my ears! "Happy birthday to Mommy... happy birthday to Mommy... happy birthday to Mommy... happy birthday to Mommy!"

Helping with the candles - OMG I turn thirty-two!

Happy Kate with the delish cake

My birthday gift pack from the sister, the boyfriend and the brother. I kinda got tricked by the sister - I'd thought they were getting me vitamins (eh, those are expensive and practical also, ok) but this is BETTER! I can't wait to start using them and start looking & feeling more like a human being.

Just for the record, the birthday greetings from them three is highly amusing. The sister's is the most normal, with her giving me plenty of love and well-wishes. The boyfriend's message was more awkward & haha; the cream has got to be that of the brothers' who basically said (just for the record) "happy birthday jie. Hope you like the gift. I totally forgot, lucky we have a younger sister" - HA HA. It's common knowledge amongst us that the brother never remembers birthdays so when I read his message I burst out laughing!

Birthday card from my husband and daughter

Now, the husband got me a really good gift that probably wouldn't make sense to anyone else... *drumroll... curtains! When we first moved in, we down-sized the quality of curtains to our rooms because of cost. So while the room had curtains, it didn't do much to block out the sunlight which really gets to me because I need darkness to sleep well! Given the circumstances then, I'd been using an eye-patch (compliments of Singapore Airlines!) to solve my problem. I know it's caused a hole in your pockets, dear husband but I really love them and I really cannot wait to use them!

"It's not the sexiest present but I hope you like them", he said when he gave the gift to me. I love it!

I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the present before it was ripped open because Kate helped me tear it open =_= so here's the aftermath of the wrapper and I had to take the cute little ribbon - what an effort from the husband! *claps

And finally, a touch of the husband - masking tape. Haha! Psst: the scotch tape is kept in the 3rd drawer, ok?

Well, the day's nearly over and I guess I'd always remember this birthday as the one where "I was confined". At least it'd be always be memorable & highly different.

As always, on this special day, I wish to count my blessings and I know that I'm fortunate to have plenty of people around me who love me and who care for me. And taking stock of what I have in my life right now, I have abundant! As I turn 32 this year, I have my own home, I have a loving husband, I have a precious daughter and I'm blessed to have another bundle of joy!

Happy birthday to me, here's to a lovely year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment