Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy stuff

My son (I get such a kick outta saying that - such a novelty!) is 24 days old today. The husband and I brought him back to the PD for a follow-up review on his jaundice. Everyone that has some experience with children says "he's got jaundice, does he?" - which goes to show that he's quite yellow. But we, who've been with him these past three weeks, have seen him progressing quite well and know that his jaundice condition's definitely improved. But going for the follow-up today is an affirmative from the professional that he's fine and it's a relief to know.

I also did something silly two weeks back - I was trimming his nails and accidentally cut him - a tiny nip on the third finger on his right hand - which developed into a major infection which saw him finger swollen and angry red. This resulted in the poor boy having to take a weeks' course of antibiotics (I'm so sorry my baby, that you have to go through this when you're only tiny. I'll leave nail cutting to Papa for a while now...). I'm also relieved that the PD announced his finger all fine (yaay!) so I can put my mind at ease. Am so relieved that the infection didn't develop further into any complicated fevers or whatever. I've been living in guilt since the unfortunate accident *sad face

The third piece of happy news from today's visit to the PD is that my little boy has grown - we didn't take his height but he's now a healthy 4.5kg!

A different kinda expression from his usual more serious ones :)

Kate's been a veteren iPhone user for a long time and lately, she's been experimenting with the camera function. She's not great at it (the iPhone 4 with flipped view will probably work better for her) but she does meddle with the function for fun. While going through the pics in my phone to look for a Jake pic to use (above), I found this:

The princess' feet

No comments:

Post a Comment