Monday, March 5, 2012

"Imagine if we didn't talk"

I can't, really. Cos for as long as I know, I'm always a "talker". I talk to strangers, I talk to my friends, I talk about my problems, I talk about happy things - well, I'm extrovert by nature and I love to talk. I have mellowed considerably through the years, but I think you cannot change nature and well, I'm still rather talkative.

But the context of the subject title was said by the husband. It was nearly midnight and the kids had gone to sleep. He came into the room where Kate was just about dozing off and said, "come out to talk later". And talk we did. For a whole hour+, we spoke about childcare arrangements for Kate, we talked about my hormones post-Jake (much better compared to Kate), childcare arrangements after I go back to work, coping with having two kids... it was really nice (the chat. The contents were rather stressful). And amidst the chat, the husband said "imagine if we didn't talk" - and I cannot really. Because there are so many issues and things to discuss, especially given that our lives have changed tremendously due to the changes that we're going through in our lives... the husband is not by nature a "talker" (just for the record, our MBTI personalities are completely opposites) but over the years, he's opened up considerably to discuss matters with me and well, I really think that communication is the foundation of all relationships. I'm pleased and very happy that the husband and I maintain talking with each other - it's important that we keep doing so and well, I'm so in love with this man, really.

An interesting topic that came up in our midnight chat was us recounting Jake's birth together. We shared about what we each remembered about the night and it was nice, to hear his side of the story. I was most proud of the fact that I could push Jake out - all on my own! - despite not being able to feel due to the epidural, and the husband shared (this is interestingly scary!) that he was monitoring the contraction machine (it displays a number - about 15 at dormant stage, and by the time it creeps to 20 and above, a contraction would have hit) and at the final stages of pushing, the number hit 45 & above! OMG. I cannot imagine the real pain I might have felt otherwise! Despite hearing that, I shared that I kinda regretted taking the epidural because now I'll never have the chance to feel it again (labour, truly au natural) - but the husband reckons that epidural was the right way to go! (I felt comfort hearing that.)

Today is 5 March, the EDD that we thought Jake will arrive. But he surprised us with an unexpectedly early appearance into our world.

Everything will be okay with us working at things together, my husband. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment