Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A good evening

I realise that I have been not going home punctually for a while. It's become a bad habit. I want to knock off punctually so that I can spend some time with the kids. As is, even if I make it home in the quickest possible time, I still don't have enough time. My only consolation is that I am not alone in this "not-enough-time" woe - all working mothers in Singapore are the same *sad face

So anyway. Yesterday, I made it home by 7.30pm and I managed to see both kids washed up and clean. They have had their dinners and both were still alert and cheery. It was so nice! I carried Jake who wanted me to a lot until another adult had finished dinner before I could pass Jake over. I had dinner while the kids played with their grandma. I also managed to take a shower and was all clean. By this time, it was 8.30pm and Jake was already highly cranky.

I put him to sleep. Love watching his (their) sleep face.
After Jake was settled, I had an hour to play with Kate! I asked her what she wanted to do and we ended up doing more than one activity.

She wanted to do cutting. This is a colourful book of pictures which is full of cutting activities. It may seem quite a waste of money to invest in a book like that because it's as if I'm buying paper to cut up; but I think that this is a rather good investment because the pics are colourful and honestly, I don't have time to prepare anything for her. 
Her (best) finished product. I had to keep cajoling her not to tear or cut through the paper, and I'm glad that she managed to see her completed masterpiece (it wasn't easy cos she was rather impatient and just wanted to cut). Here, you see that she's managed to do a nice continuous spiral! And also that she's moved on to the next activity which was drawing.

Our last thing for the night was drawing puppets! Kate had this pair of old socks which were no longer wearable as it's really loose. I had nearly thrown them away before I realised that we could keep them to use as puppets! While we did not have any exciting props to add hair/more spizz to the puppets, we made do with markers.

The kids grow up so fast and I really don't have enough time with them. Little bursts of time with them each day really makes a difference in making me feel that I'm doing my part as a Mom.


Dear Kate and Jake

Sometimes, Mommy feels very guilty that I'm not there for you. All day long, you're with Aunty Tess, or yeye, or yiyi.. but not me nor Papa. I really miss you guys and I wish to do more. I know that you don't judge me and you probably miss me as much as I miss you (which is a comfort) but honestly, I'm doing my best I can for you. 
It's December already and I'll be on leave soon so that's when we will be able to be together a lot more than regular days, ok?
No matter what, remember that Mommy loves you both dearly with all my heart and more. 

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment