Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Standard Chartered Marathon 2012

This year, the marathon was on 2 December 2012.

The husband had signed up for it in the past months, and I've seen him go running at unearthly hours (midnight - mind you, this was when he was mugging for his exams so he'd go for a run at end of his day), run while we were on holiday (of which me, the good wife, accompanied him on one occasion), and one of the most extreme trainings he did once was run from our home to Choa Chu Kang (that was about 20km of which the family participated by driving past him and giving him water and support). To be honest, days before this run, I told the husband to reconsider going for the run. He'd just had stomach flu which saw him bed-ridden just a week before and I wasn't sure if he was well enough to do the whole 42km. But he made the decision to do it; and so he did.

The day rolled about and I dropped the husband off. I crashed back to bed when I reached home and woke up with a start at 7am. I quickly did runner tracking and found out that the husband was making good pace in his first 20km. I was delighted!

The household was abuzz with marathon madness that morning, with me reading the maps and guides carefully to understand the road conditions so that I may drive to where I wanted with no fuss. I also kept tracking his progress. I also switched on the TV and left it on the sports channel where there was live coverage of the marathon.

We reached very punctually, just before 10am. The sun was ablaze and it was super hot! (I think my kids probably became tanner in that hour in the sun than 3 days in Krabi.) There were many people all around and the grounds were slightly muddy. I ended up carrying Kate while wading through the crowds.

I was so proud when I saw the husband. He had done it! I just wish that Kate and I could have caught him running past the finish line. We tried, but the crowds were crazy and we probably just missed the husband.

The husband went for a well-deserved massage and I brought the little ones to the kids zone for play.

Bouncing castles galore. They were both enthralled by the noise and fanfare taking place at the finish line. Kate could bounce around on her own and cute Jake just sat there being bounced about due to the vibrations.

Games. Kate tried out all the games available and scored herself tattoo stickers. 3 of them!

Dancing with bubbles
And just for fun, here's a silly pic of Jake and I (ok, so I'm sillier than him). It was really hot and I didn't have a hat so I borrowed Kate's and this is Jake in a hat that's too big, and me in Kate's that was too small.





My husband, the superman.

And this marks the start of December. With the husband accomplishing a major feat and demonstrating to the world that he is superman *trails off with Superman music

No comments:

Post a Comment