Friday, December 28, 2012

Jake stands

And he has been for the past month or so. It is the cutest thing to watch him pull himself up in his cot, watching the world go by (and a lot of times, crying out for our attention).

Baby in a cot
It isn't so cute though, when he wakes up in the night and by the time I turn to him (sometimes, I'm lagged cos he doesn't make enough noise), he's standing up and staring at me *groans

He's started cruising by holding on to ledges/chairs/tables/anything that he can get his hands on and truly, he seems to prefer to be on two feet than all fours.

Today, I've witnessed him stand unaided for split seconds on more than one occasion! It's mostly cos he forgets.

He was so engrossed in the towel that he let go of his hold and stood like that for at least 2 seconds
This boy's psychomotor skills are definitely a lot more advanced compared to Kate once-upon-a-time. Being a boy, he's definitely a lot stronger too. Which explained his leopard-style crawling for ages, so much so that I worried he would never graduate to the "right" way of crawling. Good thing he caught on *phew

Thrills me to watch him scoot around on all fours
Last Christmas, I was heavily pregnant and like I shared before, I nearly forget that it was just this year that I gave birth to this little chubby one. Am so thankful for my beautiful life, beautiful family, beautiful children.

Jake, 2 days old, 28 Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment