Saturday, December 29, 2012

The last Friday & Saturday of 2012

So, to continue my record of how I spent the last days of 2012 (I stopped at Thursday last), here's what I did:

Friday - we had a playdate planned but that didn't materialise, though no problem at all cos I just wanted to be with my kids. I hauled everyone to the market for some breakfast (different from our boring bread). I also did some marketing (vegetables, fish, pork, chicken) and I must say that I'm really proud of myself! I'm honestly not the most domesticated person and to know how to do this (no matter how it ain't rocket science) is quite an I'm-proud-of-myself matter.

Kate enjoying some chwee kueh & chee cheong fun
Jake enjoys some chwee kueh (sans the salty toppings) too
We rounded up the day doing craft with Kate. It was a Christmas gift and here's Kate with her completed sock puppet

Today, the husband and I found time to ourselves - yay!

Note: special thanks (as always) to Mommy dearest, who never fails to sacrifice and share her precious time to help with our children (I love you, Mommy; cannot thank you enough!)  

So, the husband and I spent some hours of our lives doing nothing much at all. Haha it was thoroughly enjoyable! I think the husband was napping and reading papers for a bit before surfing and watching videos on youtube (he was just at the laptop). I did a face mask, clipped my toe nails, had a leisurely shower and managed to catch part of the movie SWAT on HBO. Only when the movie end did I finally get off my butt to speak to the husband. Now, this may not seem much at all to most people; unless you are a parent. Then you understand that the time I just spent doing nothing much was sheer bliss!

So anyhow. The husband and I decided to head out to town. It felt like a date (it was) and it was so carefree and we only had to care about each other (no running around chasing kids, keeping our eyes peeled for danger zones...). We managed to exchange his xmas gift from me to him; spent some christmas money (gift from the brother) and have a sumptuous dinner before we returned to our children - all recharged and happy. 

Satisfying the husband's craving for crab. This is 4 crabs cooked in 2 styles. And yes, we finished it all.
Shopping from our xmas loot: a bottle of white wine to share, two new cosmetics pieces that I can't wait to try out and a cap for the husband (not pictured - already worn).

No comments:

Post a Comment