Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweet child of mine

I was feeling under the weather yesterday and because I just wanted to crash early, I couldn't put Kate to sleep. (I also didn't want to be too close to her should I pass anything to her.) She's used to me doing so, however, and when she was going to sleep, I heard her fussing and crying for me. Suddenly, there was silence and I heard her footsteps heading to the room.

Kate: Mommy, you rest well ok? Papa will put me to sleep tonight, tonight only. Tomorrow you put me to sleep ok?

Me: Okay, Kate.

I nearly forgot about this episode until this morning, and I asked the husband if he had bribed the girl in any way or other. He said, "I just told her you're not well and I'll have to put her to sleep for tonight. That's all."

And this is what being a mother is all about. The indescribably sweet moments where your child demonstrates pure love.

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment