Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Shape Fun Run with Jake

After much delay due to poor weather conditions before, the Shape Run finally took place last Sunday. I was stressing about the run prior, because Jake had been unwell the week before and I was worried that he wouldn't be well by race day. But his fever abated four days before, and he slept pretty well the night before and on race day, I awoke before the sun came up. It's not very often that I get to spend alone time with my secondborn, and I was so thankful that he felt better so that we can do this together. 

After packing everything that we needed, I woke up a very grumpy baby and off we went! After my past training with the little man, I was looking forward to the event and catching up with other fellow mommies. 

When I finally located our meeting point, everyone was in high spirits already!

Team Capella - all geared up for the run in our strollers. Bright and cheery at 715am!
One with my little passenger - the bib on the pram read Jake Seah. His very first race!
And a close-up of him in his customised Capella hat #socute #biasedmom
That's Sally (and Paul) and Shermeen (and Jonas), my ex schoolmates with our minis
Start point - I think the organisers did a smart move by distributing pretty balloons to everyone - it sure made the mood happier and a lot prettier too!

And that's me with my boy - who by this time (745am) needed his fuel. Look at how comfortable he is in his ride #likeaboss (Photo credit Capella Strollers Singapore)

The run is a "fun segment" so it was not competitive at all, and it was indeed fun standing amidst fellow moms who were all excited to partake in the event with our offsprings. I must put this on record that the energy levels among my fellow blogger-moms were truly commendable! Very high! And really, that's what it was all about - to have fun, have some laughs and have a great time while enjoying Vitamin D. 

I started out strolling initially, then decided that I wanted to break out into a sweat and off we went. It was a very easy route, all straight, and I know Jake enjoyed himself. Who wouldn't, with a plush comfy ride?

Photo credit: http://amazinglystill.com 


That's us, having just crossed the finish line! (Photo credit: Capella Strollers Singapore) 
The run was pretty fun and over pretty quickly. It was a breeze pushing Jake along because he was enjoying himself (that really helped!) and the pram was easy to wheel along too.

A finish-shot with fellow blogger-moms Cherie and Chermaine, each with our bubbas and the rainbow-coloured range of Capella strollers
Jake, a thorn among the pretty roses
I just love this shot because it shows how happy Jake is. He obviously enjoyed himself! And again, look at how beautifully colourful all the prams looked lined up! Love it! (Photo credit: Lynn Lee)

The pram, after several months since I first picked it up had been (*ah hem* only a little) manhandled by us as we pile it with (a lot of) barang, and both kids always want to be wheeled about in it, served us very well. Not just during this run, but throughout this entire time.

The whole event was over in a jiffy and everyone was in high spirits. We all dispersed soon after to escape the heat of the sun. It was a healthy, enjoyable morning and we all had such good fun!

Now, to consider engaging my kids more on these runs! Why not, since I already do them? Hmm....

Disclaimer: TaiMe Pte Ltd  has kindly sponsored a Capella S230T for me to trial. No monetary compensation was given. All opinions are on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment