Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mid-week adventure

OK, so maybe "adventure" is too elaborate a term for what we did yester-evening, but it was something different for us on a weeknight. We usually always stay in and only head out on Fridays/weekends, but because I was on solo-parenting duty yesterday, I thought it'd be a nice way to pass time by heading out for dinner at the nearby mall.


Best sight! That's K running towards me when she spotted me waiting for her at the top of the ramp. Aawwww....

Dinner was quite uneventful for us, I mean, standard amount of food landed on the table/floor and some in the kids' tummies, and it wasn't a cheap affair, but it really was quite refreshing to be out. 
We witnessed an accident at the food court - someone spilt some hot soup on a kid - I don't know who did what, but I heard a crash, a scream and when I looked up, I saw a hot pot (the mini wok noodle pot) tipped over and my heart sank. The Mom quickly dragged the girl to a nearby sink to use water to cool her; after (long) wails, the girl seemed fine after. It was a heartbreaking moment and I was really worried whether the girl was more seriously injured. She seemed fine so thank goodness!

Reminder to self - be very careful with hot food!

Post-dinner entertainment - kiddy rides

Jake with his friend, Paddington, off on a car ride to nowhere

Kate, with her sleepy friend, Garfield. I was berated by my siblings for allowing K to wear a tiara out. First, I didn't dress her. Though I do concede that I allowed her to wear it when she wanted to while we were out. 

After kiddy rides, we headed to get some breakfast food, and because Jake requested, we took the bus home.

To end off this, just for fun, can you see the lipstain on Jake's cheeks? Hee hee. 




No comments:

Post a Comment