Monday, November 11, 2013

Annual sister run - it really becomes tradition when it's the 3rd time, and counting

So, I was deluded that it's been more than the 3rd time that the sister and I have done this, but truly, it is (only) the 3rd time. Our past two runs are here, and here

Reading through the past two runs, both have been significant in different ways. The first was special because unknown to me, Jake had done the run with me.  The second was special because it was the year of the shoe-boo-boo. But both times, the consistent thing was that even though I'd been "exercising", I was in pretty poor shape. I whinged about how achey I was post-run and both times I wasn't fit and ready to take on the run at all - not that it stopped the sister and I from conquering the run. 

This year, however, what was different is that it is one run that I was ready for. True, my ultimate goal isn't this 10km, but the half-marathon that I've been steadfastly training for through the year, but the side-effect of this is that I'm fitter this time round and I'm so proud of that. 

Well, yes, I'd been ill and knocked down by a truck (not literally, but sure felt like it) just earlier last week; and I'm still on antibiotics when we did the run yesterday, but. Despite doing 2 water stops and strolling for bits and bobs through the run, we still did it within a really reasonable time (I'm waiting for the official time to be up on the website but the sister's watch clocked 68minutes) - and for that, I'm so pleased! It was also nice because we did most of the run together and it was, nice. 


For the first time ever, I decided to be somewhat creative with my alias. 

Sisters at 7am. 


Jump-shots, post-run. 

Not sure if you can see clearly, but we did funny poses for this (see pics below the main pic). The husband asked if there was an audience watching us monkey around during the picture-taking HA HA

OK, just kidding about the above. This is the true jump shot. Those were NGs. HA HA

No comments:

Post a Comment