Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dear baby little

Hi baby Jake,

You turn 2 (TWO!) in about 4 month's time. Honestly, I cannot recall the last time I wrote to you, and truly, that is the story of a second born. I am a lot more relaxed, a lot less anxious, a lot more forgetful, somewhat less attentive. BUT - that doesn't mean that I care any less. And by the way, you're not really a baby anymore. 

You, my boy, are really such a special boy. In some ways, how you are is a reflection of how I am able to handle you. You're a lot less delicate compared with your sister. You can tumble rough, you fall over and pick yourself up quite fuss-free. You don't mind going into a room on your own just because you want to. It doesn't mean that you're a loner or entirely fuss-free – you do make yourself heard when you need something, and you do throw a tantrum when you don't get your way. 

Ever since our Japan trip a month+ ago, you seemed to have gone through a growth spurt and are significantly a bigger boy now. You have grown taller, your legs are longer, and your speech has improved by leaps and bounds! You parrot everything that we say, and you can form sentences and express your mind very firmly. Your pronunciation is less than perfect and only we understand 90% of what you say (even we have our dubious moments) - which means that outsiders probably only understand at-best 50% of what you utter. It is so terribly cute, this talkative Jake that I see, so full of opinions and wants. 


Selfies - I discovered these in my phone

Your favourite things in the world are the train ("I narn dake tain" - I want take train), the bus ("I narn dake bus" - I want take bus), milk ("I NARN NILK" - I want milk), nainai (nainaiiii – this is a constant for your sister and you), Kiki Maus (Mickey Mouse), hi-bai (Hi 5), and Papa (Papa). Your favourite activity has got to be swimming (dimming), reading books (I narn weed book), eating (I eat mum-mum), and playing bubbles (I NARN BARBLES)

This speech burst-growth is really the most amazing thing that's happened in the past month and I cannot be prouder. It is extremely endearing to watch you express yourself, and you are so cheeky! It's so fun and I'm so proud that you're such a loveable little boy because everyone, and I mean everyone, adores you to bits. This last Saturday that we spent those precious hours together in the morning, made me feel so fortunate to have you as a son. You are fun, funny, adventurous, not-afraid… such great characteristics for a boy. 

Oh yes, your sleeping habits, are a little better lately. But I'm not giving you any medals until you become consistent with sleeping through the night. Keeping my fingers crossed in that department. 

Picture perfect

I'll try to spend more time with you, my precious. I love you so much and don't you forget that.

Love you always and forever,
Mommy 




No comments:

Post a Comment